Monday, November 28, 2011

Undomesticated

I stepped into this marriage completely undomesticated. It's been three months now, and all I can say is that I've still got a LOT to learn.

One thing I am proud of is that I (attempt to) cook most of our weekday meals. Me: A person who, three months ago, had 0.0000001% cooking skills. At the very least, my attitude towards the kitchen has changed.

I'm not so scared of the kitchen anymore, nor am I as scared of using a knife. My heart no longer palpitates every time I need to think about what to serve the hubby for dinner. My food isn't exactly great, but at least it's edible. It's been three months, and we've had no (serious) cases of food poisoning.

Wifey Chronicles was created to document this never ending learning process of domestication I am going through. Being a missus is quite an adventure, and I can't imagine ever running out of things to talk about.

Cheers!

4 comments:

- g - said...

Looking forward to the next posts, kris!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for your next blog: The Mommey Chronicles!

Reg said...

Where's the like button on this thing? I want to "like" Jenga's comment above! Mwahahaha. Great start to the blog Kris! Looking forward to more entries. Will be following your RSS feed :D

Btw, was kinda jealous when you posted that photo of those cookies on your FB. I want to learn how to bake and cook, too! I'll ask you for tips and recipes when my time comes ha. Hahaha. Kris, cooking :))) EEEEK! Adulthood, here we come!

Pauline said...

mommmmyyychhrrroonniiiclesss!