Saturday, October 20, 2012

Apart

The hubby and I have been married a little over a year, and already, we have been (temporarily) torn apart. His office sent him to a faraway place for seven weeks, leaving little old me alone to cry, kill cockroaches, cry some more, and order food for one.

Thankfully, I've gotten through the first half of his trip without any major mishaps. What have I learned so far?

* Our humble abode isn't fancy, but it definitely has become home in the short year we have been living here. Even if I frequently find myself staying over at the houses of family members (so I don't feel too alone), there's definitely no place like our tiny, dusty home.

* The hubby is my best friend and I am incredibly attached to him. Yeah, yeah, there's a little cheese in here. I am literally counting the days until he gets back. Why bother going out if he's not going to be with me? The idea of curling up in bed with a good book and ordering in sounds so much more appealing. Of course, I'm being a little melodramatic. Yes, even if I miss him terribly, I still do see the light of day and still communicate with other human beings on occasion.

* Technology is awesome. There are certain things that are easy to take for granted: smartphones, Skype, WhatsApp, Yahoo! Messenger, email, and the Internet. Of course, seeing the hubby on a small screen isn't the same as him being right in front of me, but it's definitely the next best thing.

* Cooking for one definitely isn't my cup of tea. I was never (and still am not) very talented in the kitchen, but the hubby and I do have to eat, right? Do I cook for myself now that the hubby is abroad? Most definitely not. Thank you, leftovers from mom's house. Thank you, McDonald's delivery.

Three weeks to go.


No comments: